I have been working and writing on a book about the potentials and pitfalls of the Philippine Economy the last few months.
My working title of the book is " Back to Square 1: Reinventing Philippines Inc., "
I am now done with the first chapter. The title is " 16 statement of beliefs on the Philippine Economy." I have posted it on the website ( www.Philippines-inc.com) . I would like to present you the working titles and the links, and would dearly appreciate your comments. The sites will take comments. Many thanks!
1. The role of government is to create wealth, not redistribute wealth
2. Trade and Technology is a Positive Sum Game
3. Government intervention is a zero sum game
4. The Government cannot spend its way to Prosperity
5. No Country ever became prosperous because of aid
6. Too much Jam today. No more jam tomorrow
7. The way to lower population growth is to give jobs and security to women
8. Having Rich Resources can be a Curse
9. Make people’s self interest work for the country
10. Don’t count on other people to look after your interest
11. A Skilled Immigrant or Expat is not your enemy, but your friend.
12. Sending your best people overseas is the Lousiest way to earn dollars
13. Productivity is what improves income and standard of living
14. The way to Prosperity is by working harder, not having more holidays
15. A country can never have too much Investments
16. Competition is Stressful, but there is no Other Choice